For most smaller use cases, we recommend that our clients use ConcreteCMS as their content management system. We believe there are compelling reasons for this:
1. Ease of use
We have not found a more easy-to-use content management system anywhere. ConcreteCMS is very visual, and very intuitive in the way it works. But at the same time, it’s powerful and allows for flexible layouts.
2. Low learning curve
ConcreteCMS is easy to learn. In many ways, it’s like using a standard word-processing program. Anyone who has managed content under another CMS will quickly and easily transition to the new website editing function- ality.
3. Solid platform for development
Under the hood, ConcreteCMS has a well-designed, clean codebase, taking advantage of the latest technologies, and it also has extensive docu- mentation. It presents the developer with a good framework for quickly and easily developing new, custom functionality.
While not invulnerable to attack, ConcreteCMS is a much less tempting target for hackers, simply because it’s not as popular a CMS.
The ConcreteCMS team is good about releasing security updates when vulnerabilities do become known.
And because the main features needed in a CMS are built-in (rather than patched together from endless plugins), the attack vectors are fewer and more manageable.
5. Feature Set
- It has an excellent permissions / users / groups system that is very granular.
- It has an excellent file manager, site search, multilingual capabilities, and built-in SEO functions.
- It uses the Bootstrap framework, which makes designing responsive websites a snap.
- It has a workflow based on roles.
- See the ConcreteCMS website for more features.